Tourney Analysis: Historical PerspectiveAnalysis
History is not just the class Kendall used to snooze through. We can learn from, it whether it be with elections, military strategies or something as trivial as regional berths. In this space, this week we look back at some scenarios from this season and how things played out in past seasons.
Conference Records And Hosts?
Seemingly, the entire SEC is around .500 in league play with eight teams between 10-8 and 8-10. Some of these teams are going to end up hosting. Many have the RPI and some other metrics, but how much does conference record factor into their postseason prognosis?
Below are the worst conference records for teams that hosted regionals in the past 10 seasons.
- 2017 Florida State 14-14 (4-0 in ACCT)
- 2016 NC State 15-13 (1-2 in ACCT)
- 2015 Florida State 17-13 (4-0 in ACCT)
- 2014 Vanderbilt 17-13 (1-2 in SECT)
- 2013 Virginia Tech 15-14 (3-1 in ACCT)
- 2012 Miami 16-14 (2-2 in ACCT)
- 2011 Clemson 17-13 (2-1 in ACCT)
- 2010 Florida State 18-12 (3-1 in ACCT)
- 2009 Georgia Tech 17-10-1 (1-2 in ACCT) and Oklahoma 17-10 (1-2 in B12T)
- 2008 Stanford 14-10