Midwest Connection: Iowa On The MoveNotebook
• Midwest Power Rankings
• Notebook: From A-to-Z
• What We’re Watching This Weekend
For the 2019 season, our coverage areas include the Big Ten, the Missouri Valley, the Ohio Valley Conference, the Horizon League, the Summit League and the Mid-American Conference. Now three weeks into the season, we will be rolling out weekly power rankings of the teams in these conferences as part of our Midwest Notebooks.
• Power rankings are put together by Midwest writers Nick Faleris and Burke Granger, and are indicative of current status, not long-term projection.
1. Michigan (8-2): The current cream of the #MidwestBaseball crop, the Wolverines have largely rolled through their early-season competition, outscoring opponents 52-26 over their first ten games.
2. Dallas Baptist (9-3): The Patriots have looked strong on both sides of the ball, carrying impressive early weekend series wins against Kent State and Minnesota, as well a nice 7-2 midweek win over Oklahoma.
3. Illinois (7-3): Despite a rough weekend in South Carolina, the Illini have been impressive through the first three weeks of play with big contributions from senior OF Zac Taylor (.366/.422/.707 with 3 HR and 9 SB).